Index | Australia | New Zealand
The following list is of links to Australasian gliding related sites classified by country and organisation. Due to the limitations of the author only english language sites have been included.
- Adelaide Hills Soaring Group
- Through its small size, the gliding club offers a personable atmosphere where all members know and can actively collaborate with one another for mutual advantage.
- Adelaide Soaring Club
- Since 1944, the Adelaide Soaring Club has been introducing people of all ages to the wonderful sport of soaring. We operate seven days a week and being just 45 minute's drive from Adelaide, Gawler is easily accessible.
- Adelaide University Gliding Club 1 Adelaide University Gliding Club 2
- AUGC - The Home of Ridge Soaring
- Albury Corowa Gliding Club
- We get our gliders airborne using a winch. Our operation is based at Corowa Aerodrome.
- Balaklava Gliding Club
- The Balaklava Gliding Club was founded in 1953 and was originally known as the "Clare Soaring Club".
- Bathurst Soaring Club
- Bathurst Soaring Club, located near Bathurst, is one of the largest Gliding Clubs in NSW, only 2½H drive from Sydney.
- Bendigo Gliding Club
Bendigo Gliding Club operates from its own airfield at Raywood near Bendigo. It provides initial and advanced gliding training for anyone interested in learning to fly.
- Beaufort Gliding Club
- The Beaufort Gliding Club operates from Bacchus Marsh Aerodrome near Melbourne. We provide initial and advanced training in glider flying.
- Beverley Soaring Society
- BSS is a dynamic club providing novice training through to the adventure of cross-country racing.
- Byron Power Gliding Club
- On the edge of an extinct volcano on the east coast of Australia lies the beautiful town of Byron Bay. Long a haven for surfers, is now home to the Byron Power Gliding Club.
- Caboolture Gliding Club
- You will be made welcome by the friendly members of the Caboolture Gliding Club
- Canberra Gliding Club
- This long-established club offers top-class training aircraft, superb scenery, terrific conditions and much more!
- Central Queensland Gliding Club
- The Central Queensland Gliding Club was formed about 24 years ago and the original air strip was at Kunawarra (near Rockhampton) on leased land.
- Concordia Gliding Club
- Concordia Gliding Club is a small friendly gliding club operating from Camden Airport about 50 km from Sydney.
- Darling Downs Soaring Club
- Darling Downs Soaring Club moved its operations to McCaffrey Field in 1970. There is a single grass strip (30/12) with a length of 4000ft. All launches are by aero tow.
- Gliding Club of Victoria
- For over thirty years, gliding visitors have proved that Australia is indeed a soaring paradise! The Gliding Club of Victoria is located in the township of Benalla.
- Gliding Club of Western Australia
- From the beginning of time mankind has gazed skywards and dreamed of soaring like a bird. For thousands of years he could only dream. Then earlier this century, that dream finally became a reality.
- Goulburn Gliding Group
- The Goulburn Gliding Club is one of the smaller clubs in NSW, with only about a dozen members. We operate from a grass strip about 20km NE of Goulburn, and we fly one day almost every weekend, weather permitting.
- The Grampians Soaring Club
- The Grampians Soaring Club operates from the Ararat aerodrome and offers a range of gliders with both winch and aerotow launching. We offer thermal flight with some slope, frontal and wave flying over safe
- Harden Gliding Club
- Harden Gliding Club is a small, friendly and affordable winch-launching gliding club located in the southwestern area of the State of New South Wales.
- Hunter Valley Gliding Club
- The Hunter Valley Gliding Club is a co-operative gliding club.
- Kingaroy Soaring Club
- The club is located in Kingaroy, Queensland Australia, which is located about 200 km north-west of the Queensland capital Brisbane.
- Lake Keepit Soaring Club
- Located on the western Slopes of the Great Dividing Range in Northern New South Wales. Lake Keepit offers a Superb Flying Season which lasts and lasts.
- Mangalore Gliding Club INC.
- Mangalore Gliding Club was started in 1993 by a group of glider pilots who had previously been associated with the Euroa Soaring Center
- Narrogin Gliding Club
- Visitors are always welcome at the Narrogin airfield on weekends.
- NSW Police Soaring Club
- The purpose of this site is to increase the profile of the NSW Police Soaring Club
- RAAF Richmond Gliding Club
- The RAAF Richmond Gliding club was established specifically for members of the Royal Australian Airforce however, membership is available to non-RAAF members on a limited basis.
- Royal Australian Navy Gliding Association
- This is the unofficial home page of the Royal Australian Navy Gliding Association
- Soaring Adventures Holiday Coast
- Glider flights at Coffs Harbour Airport Unforgettable...The Experience! Soar over Coffs Harbour and see it as you've never done before.
- Soaring Club of Tasmania
- The Soaring Club of Tasmania flies at WOODBURY, Tasmania, which is located near the township of TUNBRIDGE. This is in an area known as "The Northern Midlands", and is approximately midway between Hobart and Launceston
- Soar Narromine
- Narromine is renowned as having the best climate for soaring, no airspace restrictions, flat terrain, safe places for outlandings, no sea-breeze or monsoon rain during a 12 months cross - country season in a modern and civilized area.
- Southern Cross Gliding Club
- An organisation devoted to the advancement of soaring in Australia
- Southern Downs Aero and Soaring Club
- Nothing compares to the freedom of flying over Queensland's magnificent Southern Downs.
- South Gippsland Gliding Club
- The South Gippsland Gliding Club is located at the all weather sealed Leongatha Aerodrome in the heart of scenic South Gippsland.
- Sportavia Soaring Centre 1 Sportavia Soaring Centre 2 (Southern Riverina Gliding Club)
- Sportavia Soaring Centre was established in 1969 by Bill Riley and Ingo Renner and was the first school in Australia to introduce advanced gliding techniques with a view to raising the standard of local gliding pilots to world class.
- Victorian Motorless Flight Group
- Situated just a 50 minute drive from the center of Melbourne along the Western Highway, the Victorian Motorless Flight Group (VMFG) is one of the largest non-commercial Gliding Clubs in Australia.
- Waikerie International Soaring Center
- Waikerie International Soaring Center is the gliding operation base of Waikerie Gliding Club
- Wimmera Soaring Club
- The centre of gliding in the Wimmera and Mallee districts of Victoria, Australia
- Australian Homebuilt Sailplane Association
- Back in 1994 a group of enthusiasts banded together to form the Australian Homebuilt Sailplane Association
- The Gliding Federation Of Australia
- The GFA is there to assist and support all members.
- Soaring Australia
- Welcome to the Sport of Gliding. Gliding is the ultimate flying experience. It meets the needs of a diverse group of people, a sport that can be enjoyed at all levels: from relaxation on a quiet local flight, to experiencing the thrills of soaring across the countryside, to the excitement of aerobatics, to the regional and international racing competitions.
- Australian Soaring Web Page
- Welcome to the web page for information about gliders and their use (soaring) in Australia.
- Graham Brown's Glider Handicaps
- Handicaps for unballasted Gliders based on the Pilatus.
- Morning Glory
- Spectacular, rare, and awesomely powerful, the Morning Glory of the Gulf of Carpentaria in Northern Australia is a magnet for growing numbers of soaring pilots and scientists.
- Soaring News
- What Australian gliding needs is a web page that has regularly updated news and views. This is it.
Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Borgelt Instruments
- Climb faster - cruise more efficiently. Make smarter decisions with better information. Intelligent instruments deliver the information you need.
- Carlsons Glider Service
- Need more information on having your glider repaired. Interested in Old Sailplanes in Australia. Looking to buy or sell something. Check out Carlsons Glider Service.
- Fibremites P/L
- Fibremites is a company that specialises in parts + accessories and sales of sailplanes and touring aircraft. We can offer annual inspections and competition preparation as well.
- ILEC Sailplane Instruments
- Software Support Guide to access the latest system software and Operating Manual plus other support material.
- Microair Electronics
- VHF AM Aircraft Radio, Australian designed-Australian made by Pilots for Pilots.
- Tasman Instruments
- Instruments for sports aviation.
- Alpine Soaring
- Fly in a sail plane at the internationally famous competition location of Omarama North Otago New Zealand, with experienced alpine competition pilot Doug Hamilton.
- Auckland Aviation Sports Club
- This is the home page of the RNZAF Base Auckland Aviation Sports Club - Gliding Section based at RNZAF Base Auckland, New Zealand.
- Marlborough Gliding Club
- Omaka aerodrome, (base elevation 100ft) the home of the Marlborough Gliding Club lies amongst the finest vineyards in the southern hemisphere.
- RNZAF Auckland Aviation Sports Club - Gliding Section
- This is the home page of the RNZAF Auckland Aviation Sports Club - Gliding Section or as we call ourselves, the ASC Gliding Club.
- Wellington Gliding Club
- Formed in 1956, the Wellington Gliding Club is the largest and most active gliding club in New Zealand.
- Whangarei and Districts Gliding Club
- The Club airstrip is situated at Whakapara approximately 20 Kilometres north of Kamo, Whangarei.
- Gliding New Zealand
- All gliding operations in New Zealand are affiliated to the New Zealand Gliding Association.
- Gliding in New Zealand
- All You ever wanted to know about Gliding in New Zealand and the New Zealand Gliding Association.
Index | International | America | Asia, Africa & Middle East | Europe
If site links are found to have moved or broken or to add your site send details to the Webmaster. Only sites with a predominantly gliding content will be listed.
Goto Top of Page
Return to Home Page.
Return to Framed Site.
Return to Gliding Links.
Geelong Gliding Club Inc. ©1997-2006
This page last updated 19th April, 2004.